Aquaculture and Fisheries
We are Ireland’s leading Fisheries Consultants
ECOFACT is Ireland’s leading Fisheries Consultancy Firm. We offer a wide range of fisheries consultancy services, and have expertise and capabilities that make us the leading supplier of fisheries consultancy services in Ireland. As fisheries consultants we offer a range of fisheries consultancy services include fisheries surveys (including electrofishing surveys, netting surveys, fish habitat surveys, fish counters etc.).
We have dedicated fisheries services and surveys page for inland fisheries that can be accessed here. Please also refer to our Aquatic Ecology and Marine Ecology Surveys pages for further details regarding our capabilities as fisheries consultants.
Fisheries consultants to the Aquaculture and Fisheries Sector
We offer a wide range of fisheries consultancy services tailored to the Aquaculture and Commercial Fisheries industry. These include the provision of environmental assessments and compliance monitoring assessments.
- We can examine the environmental impacts of different aquaculture systems to assist in the development of sustainable practises and approaches and economic efficiencies in production systems.
- Our experience extends to salmonids, eels, crustaceans and seaweed.
- Our aquaculture work has includes a number of feasibility studies on aquaculture projects in the west of Ireland, as well as the development of water recirculation systems.
- We have also worked extensively with the ESB on their salmon hatcheries on the Rivers Shannon, Erne and Lee.
- We have worked on a number of commercial fisheries, and set up a pilot-scale commercial fishery for glass eels in the Shannon estuary in the 1990’s.
- We also worked extensively with the Marine Institute and ESB in monitoring the Irish drift net fishery for Atlantic salmon.
- Services we can now provide include environmental surveys and assessments for planning applications, and also for the licencing and monitoring of existing facilities
If you are interested in further information on ECOFACT and our work as fisheries consultants, or you would like a consultant to contact you, please let us know your requirements by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a particular interest on the development of community aquaculture projects.