Fisheries Surveys: In relation fisheries surveys, we have a long established reputation for excellence. We provide a range of Fisheries Surveys and Fisheries Science and Management Services. We have been extensively involved in fisheries work undertaking literally hundreds of assignments in rivers, lakes, estuaries and coastal waters together with artificial water bodies such as canals and reservoirs.
ECOFACT fisheries scientists also have considerable experience of conducting offshore fishery assessments for ecological monitoring and impact assessments. Our expertise ranges from routine and specific surveys using electrical fishing and a wide range of netting techniques, covering migratory (e.g. salmonids, lampreys and eels), coarse and marine species, to the development of monitoring techniques for a number of rare species of conservation importance.
Our specialist fisheries surveys services include:
- Fisheries Habitat Appraisals
- Fish Stock Assessments and fisheries surveys (including electrofishing and netting surveys)
- Surveys of Annex II Listed Species including salmon and lamprey species and additional protected fish species
- Fish Counter Advice and Installation
- Fish Pass Design
- Recreational and Commercial Fisheries evaluations
- Monitoring of Construction/Riparian Works for Impacts on Fisheries
- Fish Kill Investigations
- Fisheries Claims
- Hatchery Management
- Statistical Analysis of Fisheries Data
- Habitat Creation and Enhancement of Freshwater Habitat for fisheries and protected aquatic species
We have particular expertise in assessing the implications of proposed wind energy developments on the aquatic environment. We have undertaken numerous fisheries surveys on streams draining proposed wind farm sites in recent years, and prepared detailed mitigation measures to protect the fisheries resources of these streams. We are also experts in the provision of fisheries surveys and fisheries impact statements for proposed small hydro schemes. We also have over 15 years experience in providing fisheries surveys and aquatic ecology and fisheries impact assessments for national road schemes, both in Ireland and Northern Ireland. We have also undertaken major fisheries surveys of lakes and rivers affected by proposed water supply schemes.